About the Airport
South Bend International Airport (IATA: SBN), (formerly South Bend Regional Airport) is 3 miles northwest of South Bend, in St. Joseph County, Indiana. This airport is a multi-modal transportation facility. SBN provides air, interstate bus and interstate rail service at one terminal.
Amenities include cafes and restaurants, a concession area/lounge, a gift shop, a children’s play area, a business center, and free Wi-Fi available throughout the terminal.
The SBN Airport opens daily at 4:00 a.m. and closes after the arrival of the last flight of the evening (approximately 11:30 p.m.).
The city of South Bend is best known as the home to the University of Notre Dame, one of the United States’s most renowned academic centers of excellence.
Airport Address and GPS Coordinates
4477 Progress Dr., South Bend, IN 46628
Phone: (574) 282-4590
GPS: 41°42′30″N 086°19′02″W
Airlines and Destinations from/to South Bend Airport
- Allegiant Air: Las Vegas, Orlando/Sanford, Phoenix/Mesa, Punta Gorda (FL), St. Petersburg/Clearwater
- American Airlines: Charlotte (begins June 7, 2018), Dallas/Fort Worth (begins June 7, 2018)
- Delta Air Lines: Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul
- United Airlines: Chicago–O’Hare, Newark
Car Rental Companies Serving South Bend Airport (SBN), Indiana
Pick up inside the Terminal
Phone: +1 800 992 9823
Opening Hours: Monday- Friday 7:00AM –11:30PM. Saturday 8:00AM – 10:30PM. Sunday 8:00AM–11:30PM
Phone: +1 574 234 1024
Toll-free: +1 800 331 1212
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday 8:00AM – 11:30PM.
Phone: +1 574 234 4259
Toll-free: +1800 527 0700
Opening Times: Sunday – Saturday 8:00AM – 11:30PM
Phone: +1 574 288 3000
Toll-free: +1 800 261 7331
Opening times: Sunday 8:00AM – 11:30PM. Monday – Friday 7:00AM -11:30PM. Saturday 8:00AM – 10:30PM
Phone: +1 574 234 3712
Toll-free: +1 800 654-3131
Opening times: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 11:30PM. Saturday 8:00AM – 4:00PM. Sunday 8:00AM – 11:30PM.
Phone: +1 574 234 4878
Toll-free:+1 800 227 7368
Opening times: Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 11:30PM. Saturday 8:00AM – 10:30PM. Sunday 8:00AM – 11:30PM.
Rent-a-car service at South Bend Airport is well placed and on-site. So it is very easy to find them. All rental car brands have a desk in the baggage claim area of the airport.
The rental car pick-up and return areas are located a stone’s throw of the terminal. WALKING DISTANCE from rental counter to car lot: 550 feet
Pick up outside the Terminal
There are No companies offering Meet & Greet or Pick up outside the Terminal at the moment.
South Bend Airport in Google Maps
More Ground Transportation Options at South Bend Airport (SBN), Indiana
The taxi stand is on the main drive outside the front entrance of the terminal.
The bus station is open 24 hours a day and can be accessed through Doors A & B at the west end of the terminal. South Bend International Airport offers good connectivity to inter-city bus service moreover commuter service to Chicago.
- Coach USA: 8 daily buses to Midway (MDW) and O’Hare (ORD) airports in Chicago. You can buy tickets on the bus.
- Greyhound: Provides service to Midwest destinations and connections nationwide. Greyhound offers daily service to Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis and Toledo. Tickets can be purchased at the bus station located at the west end of the terminal.
- Barons Bus Lines: Provides service to Cleveland, Columbus and Chicago. Buy tickets online or at the bus station located at the west end of the terminal.
- Hoosier Ride provided by Miller Transportation: Provides service to Indianapolis and Kalamazoo, MI. You can purchase the tickets at the bus station located at the west end of the terminal.
- Interurban Trolley: The Interurban Trolley provides bus service on 3 fixed routes. In cooperation with Transpo, the Trolley provides simple, inexpensive public transit along the corridors connecting Elkhart and Goshen and South Bend International Airport.
- Transpo: Offers city bus service to destinations in every part of the South Bend area.
The South Shore rail line links South Bend International Airport (SBN) with cities in every part of Northwestern Indiana, with a final destination of downtown fabulous Chicago. You can buy the tickets by credit card at the east end of the terminal or online, and also with cash from the conductor on the train.