Castellon Airport (CDT)
About Castellón Airport (CDT), its particularities and Ground Transportation Info.
Castellon Airport was opened to commercial flights in September of 2015. This airport is sold by the airlines as the secondary or alternative airport of Valencia City, although the airport authorities do not want this, and want to differentiate themselves from valence, considering Castellon as a unique destination in itself, which in fact it is.
Castellon area has a long tradition in tourism. Cities like Peniscola, Alcossebre, Benicassim, Oropesa, Vinaros, Benicarló…, are full of british, french or german people all the year. Castellon has more than 300 days of sun and great temperatures, inviting its citizens and tourists to visit its beaches even in winter.
Definitely, Castellon Destination is perfect to hire a car, ride all its beautiful towns, enjoy its gastronomy, and the friendliness of its locals.
What Airlines fly into Castellón Airport? and from/to what destinations?
- London-Stansted – UK (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
- Poznan – Poland (Wednesday and Saturday)
- Sofia – Bulgaria (Monday and Friday)
- BLUE AIR
- Bucharest (Wednesday and Sunday – from June to September)
One Way Car Rentals available at Castellon Airport (CDT) with CarRentals.Deals
Your journey does not start and ends in the same place? No problem!
Renting a one way car rental is possible in many cities across Spain, making it simple to start and end your trip where you want. Book your Spain travel here and pick your vehicle in any of our airports or downtown locations.
Our one-way fares are shown directly in the results of your search. No surprises at the end.
Popular Spanish Road Trips in your One-Way Car Rental from Castellon Airport:
Castellon Airport to Valencia
- Time: 1h 5min
- Distance: 101 km
Castellon Airport to Barcelona
- Time: 2h 38 min
- Distance: 255 km
Castellon Airport to Alicante
- Time: 2h 48 min
- Distance: 289 km
Car Rental Companies Serving Castellon Airport (CDT)
Pick up inside the Terminal
- MALCO Rent a Car. Very quick service. They offer all inclusive rates with full insurance – Seems expensive, but at the end, it is not.
Phone: +34 964 32 4516
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 22:00h. Saturday 16:30 – 20:30h. Sunday Closed.
Deposit Amount: 100€
Insurance: Full Risk Insurance
- GOLDCAR. A little slow service. Offering cheaper prices than Malco, but in the car rental counter they are going to sell you a huge quantity of extras.
Phone: +34 902 11 9726
Opening Hours: Monday and Friday 18:00 – 21:00h. Tuesday and Thursday 16:00 – 19:00h, Wednesday 17:00 – 21:00h, Saturday 16:00 – 21:00h. Sunday Closed.
Deposit Amount: 1100€
Insurance: Excess 1400€
Car Rental desks at Castellon airport are located inside the terminal, in front of Arrivals Gate.
How to find the car rental pick up location?
The car rental pick up location is very easy to reach. Once you have taken your car keys, take the teminal exit next to the Airport Tourist Info desk. In front of you, a little bit on your right hand is located the car rental parking.
Castellon Airport in Google Maps
More Ground Transportation Options at Castellon Airport (CDT)
You have three more options to leave or get the airport. Please read our blog article about how to get Valencia from Castellón Airport for an explained information, but at a glance you have these three options:
- Shuttle Bus: Provided by Autos Mediterraneo. For explained information, please read our blog article about Shuttle Bus Service at Castellón Airport. The ticket desk is located inside the Airport Tourist Information Point (in front of Arrivals Gate).
- Taxi: There is a taxi stop outside the terminal. Just in case you couldn’t find a taxi in the taxi stop, do not hesitate to ask for one in the Airport Tourist Information Point inside the terminal.
- Private Transfer: You also have the chance to book a private transfer. Autos Mediterraneo (The company that provides the Shuttle bus service) offers in its webpage this service to reach the north Castellon Area (Vinaroz, Alcossebre, Benicarlo…). You can also book a private airport transfer at CDT in this partner Website, to go Valencia or any other location for the best prices.