Haugesund Airport (HAU)
About the Airport
Haugesund Airport, Karmøy (IATA: HAU) is an international airport that serves the Haugesund area in Norway.
It is placed southwest of Haugesund, on the Hauganes peninsula on the island of Karmøy, Rogaland County, Norway. It is situated at the European Road E134, and about 20 minutes drive from the downtown of Haugesund. Haugesund and Haugalandet really have some of Norway’s most beautiful natural experiences to offer.
This airport has a terminal construction with a domestic and international departure hall.
Airport Address and Coordinates
Helganesvegen 350, 4262 Avaldsnes (NORWAY).
Phone: +47 67 03 10 10
GPS: 59°20′36″N 005°12′45″E
Airlines and Destinations from/to Haugesund Airport
- BH Air: Burgas
- Norwegian Air Shuttle: Oslo-Gardermoen, Gran Canaria, Rhodes
- Ryanair : Alicante, Málaga
- Scandinavian Airlines: Oslo-Gardermoen, Chania, Gran Canaria
- Small Planet Airlines: London/Gatwick
- goToNordics operated by Small Planet Airlines: Bremen, Pisa
- Widerøe: Copenhagen
- Wizz Air: Gdańsk.
Car Rental Companies Serving Haugesund Airport (HAU)
Pick up inside the Terminal
Phone: +47 52 84 02 23
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM – 11:00 PM, Friday 8:30 AM – 10:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Sunday 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Phone: +47 52 84 04 50
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 07:00 AM – 09:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM, Sunday 11:00 AM – 02:00 PM. Service is 24/7, but additional costs incurred if the service is out of these opening hours.
Phone: +47 52 84 20 00
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 AM – 03:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday Closed.
Phone: +47 40 01 32 69
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday 07:00 AM – 00:00h
How to get the Rent a Car counters at Haugesund Airport?
The rental offices are placed in the Arrivals Hall, which makes it convenient for you to pick up the vehicle you have booked when you land at Haugesund Airport (HAU), and drop off again when you finish your trip.
Pick up outside the Terminal
There are no car rental companies offering service outside the terminal at this time.
Haugesund Airport in Google Maps
More Ground Transportation Options at Haugesund Airport (HAU)
- Tide Buss, Flybussen: has an airport coach service to/from the city centre. Price 100 NOK
- NOR-WAY Bussexpress Kystbussen: operates its Bergen to Stavanger coach service, (via Haugesund Airport) in connection with Ryanair’s flights. Line 400 Kystbussen run between Stavanger – Haugesund – Stord – Bergen
- Nettbuss’ Bus4You (a Swedish long distance bus brand): coach service has connections with Sandnes, Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen.
Please note that taxi service is only available at the airport during opening hours.
Approximate price to Haugesund city center: NOK 350, daytime / NOK 450, evening and weekends.
Taxi Companies and contact phones.
- Haugaland Taxi: +47 52 81 81 81
- Haugesund Taxisentral: +47 52 80 80 80
- Karmøy Taxi: +47 52 85 80 80